Monday, October 10, 2011

~Symbol design

I learned several things from the symbols project; it was a fun, yet time consuming and a bit difficult.
Throughout the project process, I had to not only sit down with my partner and learn things about her, but also had to figure out a way to represent those aspects in an easy to understand and aesthetically pleasing way.
For the overall look of my symbols, I wanted to do a black and white "clipart" looking style, with choppy lights and darks. At first some of my symbols were a bit sloppy and didn't read right, but after some careful revisions I think I have the look I'm going for.
I think what I learned the most was about how much effort and tweaking of a piece it takes to make sure that it's read/understood universally, ex- it doesn't read as toilet paper to one person, photography to another and making a movie to me. And sometimes that means going back and completely redoing an image, even if you like it as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment