Friday, September 9, 2011

Hi! I'm starting this blog for a communications class assignment, but I have a feeling I'm gonna have a lot more fun with this than I originally thought, haha!
*~*~*~*~*~*
So, for my first post, I've given you guys a sample of "my style" as an artist. I am a graphic design major, so you know the drill, logos, clothing, business cards, the works; but I also LOVE digital painting and comic design. This particular piece (above this post) is what I named my site/blog after, I did it sometime last year and it is entitled "The Anemometer Sky." I'm not sure what exactly compelled me to do this particular piece, I've always just found anemometers (cupped wind vanes) to be very captivating and beautiful, and for several reasons, they remind me of my childhood. Originally, this piece was done to go into a spread in the first volume of my comic/manga series, "By Daybreak," but I just ended up elaborating on it more and more and ended up with this :)
*~*~*~*~*~*
So yeah! That's it for my first post, hope you guys enjoy the blog and the art, and I'll post again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment